1. In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
2. Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
3. Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
4. Master of the Day of Judgment.
5. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
6. Show us the straight way,
7. The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.
This surah is red in the beginning of every prayer. It can be followed by a second Surah from the 113 other Surahs. It gives you the way to think about religion. You are recognizing God and because of his great attributes and we will have to answer him in the day of judgment we ought to worship him and seek his help. We have to ask him to show us the straight path so we do not follow those who intentionally left his path or those who were misled in belief. It is the entry or the door that you pass through. It is also a prayer to ask God to help you in understanding the rest of Quran and Islam.